Reception Home Learning Page
Friday 12th January
We all had a fantastic time at Woburn Safari Park. We were incredibly lucky to see so many animals up close and learn about various habitats. It was a great day had by all.
This weekend we would like you to get creative! Talk about what your favourite animal was from the trip on Thursday and draw or create a model. This can be in the form of a picture, a model using Lego or other resources that you may have at home.
Don't forget to find out a fact about three African animals if you haven't yet done so.
For example: Did you know elephants are the largest land animals in the world?
Please email the facts in so we can discuss them in class. Or bring them into class to show everyone.We will need these facts in next week for our literacy sessions.
Today your child has got a new library book.
Here is a reminder of what to do with the library book;
- Discuss the front cover, talk about the title, author and illustrator.
- Play ‘find the…’ in the pictures and words (find the yellow boat, find the sound m)
- Enjoy the story
- Discuss what might happen next
- Discuss the feelings of the characters
- Talk about the beginning, middle and end of the story.
Please bring this library book back EVERY FRIDAY.
Have a lovely weekend and happy creating!